What does your audience really want? It’s a question we marketers ask ourselves on a daily basis. If you are not sure about the answer, it’s time to get curious! As the legendary economist and early statistician John Maynard Keynes supposedly said: “It is better to be roughly right than precisely wrong”.
Curiosity is a powerful emotion that can motivate us to seek information, learn new things, and take action. As a tool in marketing and content creation, it could be the key that opens a world of opportunities and untapped potential for your business.
If the above has piqued your curiosity, check out our selection of insights on this powerful marketing tool:
- Curiosity can help you stand out from the crowd. According to recent data, 56% of online display ads aren’t noticed by consumers. With so much content out there, the noise can be overwhelming and digital clutter can feel as disturbing as physical clutter. Therefore, you need to find a way to cut through the noise, differentiate yourself and grab the attention of your potential customers. Curiosity can help you do that by creating intriguing headlines, stories, or offers that spark interest in your audience. For example, you can use questions, teasers, or cliffhangers to entice your audience to click, read, or watch more. You can also utilize the element of surprise when delivering your visual content by choosing attention-driven platforms and media channels that make sure your message actually gets noticed and is displayed at moments of peak attention.
- Want to build trust and loyalty? Get curious! Curiosity is all about knowing your target audience. Its purpose is not only to generate interest, but also to satisfy it. When you deliver on your promise and provide valuable and relevant information to your consumers, you can build trust and credibility with them. According to a study by the University of California, Berkeley, curiosity can increase consumer engagement and loyalty by 34% and 14%, respectively. It can also help you create a deeper connection with your audience by showing them that you understand their needs, challenges, and desires, and that you can offer solutions that match their expectations.
- A curiosity-driven content strategy is a game changer. It is a way of creating and delivering content that sparks and satisfies the curiosity of your target audience. By using curiosity in your content strategy, you can attract and engage your consumers, educate and entertain them, build trust and loyalty and ultimately, increase conversions and sales. Some questions worth asking are:
- What is your goal?
- What do you want to achieve with your content?
- How does it align with your brand’s mission and values?
- What is the main message or story that you want to convey to your audience?
Having a clear goal and purpose will help you create content that is relevant, meaningful, and impactful for your audience and your business. It will resonate with consumers, address their problems, and satisfy their curiosity. According to a report by HubSpot, 49% of marketers say that interactive content, such as quizzes, polls, or calculators, is effective at educating buyers and generating curiosity.
- Curiosity promotes conversions and sales. Curiosity can motivate your audience to take action, whether it is to click on your landing page, sign up for your newsletter, download your ebook, or buy your product. Curiosity can promote a sense of urgency, scarcity, or exclusivity that can persuade your audience to act fast and not miss out on your offer. It can also create a positive feedback loop, where the more your audience learns about your product or service, the more curious they become, and the more likely they are to buy from you. According to Forbes, the role of a marketer is to fill the so-called curiosity gap – the difference between the customer’s existing knowledge and what they want or need to know – with just enough information to pique a consumer’s interest and lure them deeper down the sales funnel.
- Curiosity can be the foundation of a marketing strategy. Amazing marketers are curious marketers. According to Forbes, the goal of curiosity marketing is to persuade customers to want to learn more about a business. Marketers drip-feed information or use teasers to maintain audience interest and encourage consumers to interact with brand content. It is also an analysis tool that can guide you towards answers. Don’t know why users behave a certain way? Not sure how something works or why it works like this? Curiosity helps you actively search for the reasons. According to this article, by being curious, we can look at our campaigns from different angles and develop innovative ways to improve them. We can also challenge the status quo and find better ways to do things.
When marketers become curious, they would ask more questions. The more questions, the more understanding. The more understanding, the better ideas, and solutions.
In marketing, curiosity doesn’t kill the cat. Just the opposite, it’s a powerful tool that can breathe new life into your brand by capturing and sustaining your audience’s attention, motivating them to learn more about your products or services, and ultimately driving them to take action.
At Novelty Media, we have created a framework that delivers video and static content via SmartAdd – our innovative high-attention mobile media channel. Join our global advertisers and elevate your brand building efforts while we ensure high visibility and provide you with a receptive audience for your advertising and non-advertising content. We adopt a human-centric approach based on utilizing peak moments of undivided attention. Our unparalleled advantage? An attention-driven media channel, with an audience consisting of 100% verified mobile subscribers endorsed by Mobile Operators. Our users eagerly anticipate your brand communication and are curious to interact with it. If you want to harness the power of real human attention and provide a personalized, engaging and attentive experience to your audience, reach out to us. Let’s ensure your brand success together!