Can we imagine today’s world without video? As marketers, we are well aware of the powerful connection video content creates between brands and consumers, as well as the role it plays in our digital conversations. Moreover, video has become audience’s preferred form of consumption – and brands are increasingly embracing the trend. Need more reasons to incorporate video into your marketing strategy? Check out the key insights we extracted from a comprehensive list of video marketing statistics in 2021:
- Mobile dominates video consumption. Video consumption on mobile devices increases by 100% every year. People are 1.5x more likely to use their phone to watch a video – 75% of all videos are played on mobile devices. Interestingly enough, 70% of millennials prefer to watch videos in portrait mode on their phone.
- Video ads sell. Currently, 86% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% over the last three years. 80% of video marketers say video has directly helped them increase sales. Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year and 64% of consumers purchase a product after watching videos created by brands.
- Video increases ROI. Businesses and organizations that create more than 51 videos in a year grew from 13% in 2019 to 46% in 2020. Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users. No wonder that on average, marketers increase digital video budgets by 25% year on year.
- The audience loves it. 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in the text. Studies show that 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support. In fact, 84% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- Short video is the best. Globally, half of all the videos that were produced last year (56%) were less than 2 minutes long – and there is a good reason for it. With shorter attention spans, marketers have only 2.7 seconds to get the attention of their audience. Therefore, videos that are up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement. 80% of users can recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days.
- When in doubt, choose soundless, with captions. 92% of consumers watch videos with the sound off on mobile and 50% rely on captions, according to a survey. For 50% of consumers, captions are important while watching videos with the sound off in a quiet space, with no headphones, waiting in line or multitasking. 80% of consumers are more likely to watch an entire video when captions are available. Adding captions helps ad performance, contributing to an 8% lift in ad recall, a 10% lift in ad memory quality and a 13% lift in brand linkage.
Choosing the right advertising format increases the chances of brand recall, captures attention and creates lasting engagement. No doubt video is king when it comes to winning the hearts and minds of audiences. How does your branding stand out in digital interactions? Keep following our Marketing Bites and explore the benefits of SmartAd, the impactful solution that cuts through the clutter to create a memorable user experience.